Become a Mentor
Our Mentoring Program is managed by GLOW-Growing Leadership of Women. More information on GLOW is available at www.glowforall.com
Through this partnership, we provide our MDIP scholarship recipients with a dedicated Mentor. The Mentor is an educated woman who supports the student to make good career choices, enables self confidence and provides motivation and moral support.
Our Mentoring Program is currently operational at Janki Devi Memorial College where we are mentoring 8 students. We hope to increase the size of this cohort and take this program to other colleges as well.
If you would like to volunteer to be a Mentor for young girls to support them to achieve their goals, sign up at this link . You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Become an MDIP Ambassador
You can sign up to be an ambassador at this link
What MDIP Ambassadors do:
- Visit lower socio-economic areas in their cities to meet the girls and families.
- Talk to the fathers and daughters about the importance of valuing girls and providing them with a good education.
- Take photographs and give the families a polaroid
- Send the stories and pictures of the father and daughter with their polaroid to MDIPfund@gmail.com
- Kaavya will then post it on their Facebook page
- Identify 1-2 deserving girls who need sponsorship to complete their higher education-Classes 11-12 and above- or for a vocational course
- Undertake Fundraising activities
- Transfer funds to the MDIP/Shikshadaan account which will pay fees directly to the educational Institution
- Give donors updates on the girls they have sponsored